Monday, March 19, 2012

Animation: Common Beginner Mistakes

The 11SecondClub Hints are extremely useful, The hint about The Top Five Mistakes helps a lot if you want to improve your skills, The top five are discussed in details, Don’t miss it :)

The Top Five Mistakes:

  1. "YOU AREN'T READY FOR THE COMPETITION."
    "YOU SHOULD RETURN TO THE BASICS."
  2. "YOU NEED STRONGER POSES."
  3. "YOUR ANIMATION FEELS TOO SWIMMY / TOO COMPUTER-Y / TOO WEIGHTLESS."
  4. "YOUR CHARACTER'S ENERGY DOESN'T MATCH THE DIALOGUE."
  5. "YOUR CAMERA MOVES ARE MUCH TOO DISTRACTING!!
    I CAN'T SEE YOUR ANIMATION BECAUSE THE CAMERA IS MOVING SO MUCH!"
SassyPose

 

 

And I came across this Blog post, It was about common mistakes too, Below are the mistakes discussed:

  • “Glitch” of all kinds and nature!
  • Weak pose or having a bizarre pose somewhere in our animation
  • Having poses in motion, paid attention to poses than should not exist
  • Not having enough change, angle change, position change, pose change : Well Contrast. It's about abstraction of masses and not seeing your character as different body part but as a few big Bouncing Balls
  • Sometime I put too much emphasis on the feet, which is not always necessary since the audience look generally at the head
  • Arms and legs are moving independently from the rest of body
  • Put a key on the hip every time I’ve put a key on the arms or legs
  • Add more Breakdowns (keyframe on the timeline) to “correct” a movement that is already wrong
  • I had the tendency to spend too much time in my first blocking pass with my keys next to each other’s, and not working on my timing until I had many keys and breakdown in my timeline
  • It should be obvious, clear what is happening in the animation when we look at our blocking

0 comments:

Post a Comment